DAN GRADE COUNCIL
The duties of this council include:
· To establish and maintain a written record of all registered Dan grade members correctly belonging to KNZ.
· To examine and consider the bona fides of Dan grade members applying for affiliation to Karate New Zealand, and making these findings known to the members of the Executive Board.
· To conduct annual Karate New Zealand Dan Gradings in accordance with the Dan Grade Council policy and to issue Karate New Zealand certification to successful applicants.
· To publish a syllabus detailing the requirements for Karate New Zealand Dan Grade examinations
· To provide unsuccessful candidates who fail Dan examinations a statement of reasons for their failure.
· To receive, via the Executive Board, all recommendations for the issuing of the WKF Dan Homologation certificates.
· To examine the bona fides, technical record and character of recommended applicants for the WKF Homologation Certificate and to report back to the Executive Board.
· The WKF Homologation Certification is recognition of an existing Dan Grade and may not be used in itself to gain access to higher technical promotion within Karate New Zealand.
DAN GRADE COUNCIL MEMBERS___________________________________
Jack Sims021 526246Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To establish a New Zealand Dan Grade Register that will accurately contain all KNZ certified Dan grade members.
· To establish a similar register that will record the correct details of Instructors/Teachers certified by KNZ Dan Grade Council.
· To convene a KNZ National Dan Grade Examining Panel (minimum of 3 members at any Grading) comprised of senior Dan ranking examiners.
· To organise and conduct annual National Dan Gradings and formulate criteria and an outline of the technical requirements pertaining to the ranking system.
· To design and issue KNZ Dan Grade certificates to Karate New Zealand members who have had their Dan Grade ratified by KNZ Grading Council or who have successfully passed a Dan examination conducted by the Dan Grading Council.
· Where appropriate receive and make recommendation for the issue of the official WKF Dan Homologation certificates.
KARATE NEW ZEALANDadmin@karatenz.co.nz